You are here

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Brushes not working #1
Daniel Salazar's picture
by Daniel Salazar
October 11, 2012 - 12:14am

Hi, I'm trying to use brushes, however I can select them, change size, etc., however when I try to use them nothing its shown. The interface is working, but the brush by itself is not working when trying to apply it in the picture. Have you noticed this odd behavior?
Cheers,
Daniel

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 16, 2012 - 4:09am

Daniel,

ahhhh now it’s clear. The brush itself isn’t displaying. Odd. However I have seen that, but I’m pretty sure a relaunch fixed it. If not, try a full reboot. Sounds like a graphics card issue. Finally if that still doesn’t do it, change screen resolutions to see if that kicks it into gear, and as a last resort trash the preferences.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
October 11, 2012 - 12:42am

Not sure what brick you are using that is giving you trouble. Check out FAQ for deleting or moving preferences and cache files. Also reboot in Safe mode is always Safe to do, open in safe mode and then reboot normally just to reset some annoying behavior. Everyone using AP should be quite familiar with the basic trouble shooting fixes in FAQ. LR has there own trouble shooting steps, its not just us, its computers in general.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Daniel Salazar's picture
by Daniel Salazar
October 11, 2012 - 1:39am

Thanks David!, I was expecting a normal answer regarding a behavior that might be new in AP, as it never happened to me (I’m old user of AP). I wasn’t expecting a lesson about basic computers or systems knowledge, which I don’t need, specially for any Apple product (my first Mac was an Apple IIe and the system I learned back then was Logo).
Excuse me if I’m rude, however I think that when people are helping some others should resume their answer to the facts and not go further. As I know you’re also contributor here, so I think you should be an example. If due to my post, my account will be cancel, you’re welcome.
Cheers,
Daniel

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
October 11, 2012 - 1:53am

Daniel Im sorry I was of no help. Hopefully someone else with more experience will chime in. Thanks for the feed back. david

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 11, 2012 - 10:05am

Daniel,

If I may step in…

Everyone on this site is trying to help everyone else. David is not a paid contributor, but a very dedicated regular who tries to help as many people as he can. We get a lot of questions on here without any kind of “this is what I tried” information, and if there’s no obvious answer (as is the case with your question), then often the first suggestion is to simply ensure that the library, the Mac, etc. is running optimally. You didn’t say that you were so experienced with the Mac, so David doesn’t know you from a a neophyte. He was just trying to help.

I would appreciate a bit more civility in future posts. This is not a paid forum, so stating expectations is somewhat uncalled for. This is a free resource for everyone. Please respond in the manner in which you’d like to be responded to.

Now, that out of the way… brushes don’t paint anything on the image, but are painting a mask between the original and the affected image. If you adjust Curves, for example, then open the brush to paint the effect in, the effect will disappear and you will then paint the mask between the two (invisible) layers. If you opt to paint the effect away when you first load the brush, then the effect will stay and you’ll brush a mask to remove the effect.

So is it possible that you’re painting an effect that is so slight it can’t be seen?

To be sure it’s working… draw a ridiculous curve (i.e. make the image super dark) then paint the effect in or out, and see if that works.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Daniel Salazar's picture
by Daniel Salazar
October 13, 2012 - 3:31pm

Hi Joseph, as far as I know, I’ve been really civilized when commenting. That is the fact that bothered me.

Anyway, I might have over reacted. Sorry!!!

Regarding brushes, is not the effect the one I don’t see, it’s the brush by itself. I see the brush brick, however when applying it, I don’t see the brush (size of it is not the issue).

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?