You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Two Curious issues: vault and rebuild #1
vidpixarts@gmail.com's picture
by vidpixarts@gmail.com
April 14, 2013 - 6:10am

1: VAULT/ vault finds referenced files (and won't put them in the vault) in a library that has always been managed. This happens periodically.

2:REBUILD: in a recent bout with file corruption I am rebuilding my library. I notice that it is currently restoring faces but I had turned faces off in preferences some time ago. I have not trashed plists or the like since turning faces off. So i am not clear why a rebuild would choose to restore them.

Thanks.

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
April 19, 2013 - 9:30am

1) Vault will not place referenced images in the Vault. Only managed images go in the Vault.

2) This sounds very familiar… Has happened to me to. Try removing the plist files for AP and Cache files…. see FAQ and then tell me if that helped!

Just today my smaller than normal lib wants to rebuild the preview which I have set to never. Looks like Ill be doing the same.
David

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

vidpixarts@gmail.com's picture
by vidpixarts@gmail.com
April 19, 2013 - 10:44am

DB:thanks for your counsel. On number 1(vault and referenced files)/ that’s what makes it curious. My library is managed so i am puzzled how vault finds those referenced-rascal files.

On number 2: will do as you suggest and report back. But another question. Now that rebuild has finished it’s job with faces(against my wishes)-am I wise to leave faces enabled–even after plist procedures?
Thanks.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
April 19, 2013 - 1:48pm

Click the Photos icon in the library pane to show all photos in the browser. Open the filter dialog and add a filter for “File Status:” “Referenced”. If you have any referenced images they should show up in the browser.

If any show up, select them all and choose File->Consolidate Originals in order to make them managed. You’ll be asked whether to move or copy. This should result in the browser window becoming empty as there will be no more referenced files.

If indeed you have referenced files, it could be from inadvertently having the wrong setting during an import session.

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness