You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Want to up Aperture 3.4.3 to 3.4.5 but won't install #1
monotypemaker's picture
by monotypemaker
May 29, 2015 - 5:15am

Hi All, Okay—I KNOW and have begun making the move to LR. But recently bought a Fuji XE2 (am a Canon 6D user) and the RAF files open better on my desktop’s Aperture 3.4.5 than in Lightroom! I have 3.4.5 on my desktop, but learned the hard way on a shoot out of town yesterday that I still had 3.4.3 on my laptop—Trouble, since I only shot RAW (aka RAF on Fuji XE2). Thought I could do the upgrade no problem. Downloaded 3.4.5 from Apple’s support page, but when I try to install it, a box says: “The version of Aperture installed on this Mac must be updated through the Mac App Store. Check the Mac App Store to see if an update is available.” In the Mac App Store it says “No Updates available.” I have the 548.6 mb version 3.4.5 update downloaded, so this is driving me crazy. I would so appreciate any assistance! Had to use the klunky Fuji software that took forever to “develop” the RAF files to only a small jpg. Frustrating. My laptop is newer than my desktop, from 2010. I prefer using “tried and true” older versions of things as long as possible. Thanks!

monotypemaker

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
May 30, 2015 - 6:01pm

If you already have 3.4.5 on your desktop Mac, you can “probably” just copy that application file to your laptop. I seem to recall doing this several versions ago and it worked but I don’t know if it will still work.

3.4.5 is an old version. The Mac App Store is currently serving up 3.6. Are you trying to stay on 3.4.5 because your OS is also not up to date and 3.6 won’t work on it?

When you look in your Purchases in the Mac App Store app, do you see Aperture?

Thomas

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness